About .jobs Domain Names
The .jobs top-level domain name (TLD) is an extension that represents employment-related sites. These domain names are a good investment for companies that want to reach the growing number of unemployed or job seeking Internet users. A .jobs domain name directs job seekers directly to your company's employment opportunities.
Only companies can register .jobs domain names, and .jobs domain names can only be used for company job listings. The .jobs format is: www."yourcompanyname".jobs.
To register a .jobs domain name:
- You must manage HR duties on behalf of your company.
- You must be authorized to purchase "yourcompanyname".jobs on behalf of your company.
- Your company must agree to abide by the .jobs Use Policies.
- Your company must agree to abide by the SHRM Code of Professional Ethics.
To Register .jobs Domain Names
- On our Home page, in the New Domain search field, enter the domain name.
- Select .jobs from the drop-down menu, and then click Go.
- If the domain name you want to purchase is available, click Add and then click Continue to Registration.
- In the Domain Registration Information section, enter valid domain name contact information, and pay special attention to the following requirements:
- For Company Name — enter your legal Company Name and confirm that it is the legal registrant of the domain name.
- For Your Title — enter your official job title and confirm that you are the Administrative Contact for the .jobs domain name.
- For Company Primary URL — enter your existing company's URL to help us determine if you have rights to the requested .jobs domain name.
- For Industry Classification — enter the industry type your company falls under.
- On the Payment page, read the .jobs Domain Agreement, select I have read and agree ... , and then click Place Order Now.
- Complete the purchase. You might be contacted by the .jobs Administrative Staff to answer any questions they might have during the verification process.
All .jobs domain name applications will be submitted at registration and will be verified by the registry operator, Employ Media. Some form of proof that you have rights to the requested name must be submitted with the application. In most cases your existing URL (yourcompanyname.com) will be sufficient.
You may be contacted by the .jobs Administrative Staff to answer any questions they may have during the verification process. Most applications will be verified within 3 business days. Upon positive validation, the .jobs registry will notify us when yourcompanyname.jobs has been "created", thereby allowing it to become visible on the Internet.
Note: A .jobs application is denied if the company name on the application does not match the domain name being applied for. Application fees are non-refundable.
.jobs domains can only be used to post information about your company, such as your own job postings, company culture, company information, etc.
- Third-party job postings (i.e., job boards) are not allowed.
- Non-HR-related uses are not allowed.
- The registrant is responsible for the use of the domain, including to a licensed third party.
Your .jobs domain name renews on its expiration date. Auto-renewal is attempted on the domain name's expiration date. If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt renewal on the 5 days later and again 7 days after that.
If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew it by the 17th day after the expiration date, it must be redeemed. There might be a fee for the redemption. See Recovering expired domain names for more information.
Yes, but there are limitations. The domain name must include the legal or commonly known business name. Because .jobs domains can only be registered for the name of the company, the registrant first name, last name, and company name cannot be changed.
Any valid nameservers may be used for .jobs domain names. You can enter a maximum of 13 nameservers per domain name.