Change a secondary domain's root folder in cPanel hosting
If you have either a Deluxe, Premium, Unlimited, or Ultimate hosting account, you can add secondary domain names to your hosting account. Secondary domains have websites that work independently of the primary domain's hosted in separate folders. For more information, see What type of hosting account do I have?
At any time, you can change which folder your secondary domain names use for the root of their websites.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the cPanel account you want to use, click Manage.
- Click cPanel Admin.
- Click Addon Domains.
- In the Addon Domains section, next to the domain you want to change, click the pencil.
- Enter a new document root, starting at your home directory, and then click Change.
The secondary domain name now displays the index file you uploaded to that folder. For more information, see What file displays when someone browses to my domain name?
- Now that you have changed your domain's root folder, you can use the File Manager to move your files to the new document root.