Change an NS record
You can edit custom NS records you've created in your zone file to update the nameserver a specific subdomain host points to. This will allow you to manage the subdomain with a different DNS service.
- Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select your domain name from the list to access the Domain Settings page.
- Scroll down to Additional Settings and click Manage DNS.
- On the DNS Management page, next to the record you wish to edit, click the pencil icon.
Note: If hosting DNS with GoDaddy, the NS records needed for your default DNS are configured automatically and cannot be modified.
- Edit the fields as needed:
- Host: The host name of the subdomain you are pointing.
- Points to: The nameserver you want the subdomain to point to.
- TTL: How long the server should cache information.
Please allow up to 48 hours for all changes to take full effect.