Your Managed WordPress plan has caching features that include a content delivery network (CDN), and object caching to improve load times. Your cache might need to be "flushed" (or cleared) if you recently:
- made changes to your site but you do not see those changes on the Internet
- manually migrated your site instead of using the built-in migration tool
- made manual changes to your database or WordPress site files outside of the admin controls, for example with FTP or through phpMyAdmin
Follow these steps to flush your cache.
- ลงชื่อเข้าใช้ WordPress.
- At the top of the WordPress dashboard, select Managed WordPress and then Flush Cache.
Your cache has been flushed!
- If you do not see Flush Cache, the plugin it uses might have been removed. Please contact customer support.