Downgrade my business hosting to shared hosting
Warning:Shared hosting has less resources than business hosting. If your websites are resource-intensive, this may affect website performance.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the cPanel account you want to use, click Manage.
- Click cPanel Admin.
- Click Upgrade to open the resource options.
- Select a shared hosting plan from the drop-down menu.
- Click Downgrade.
- A pop-up window will appear. Confirm that you want to downgrade your account, then click Downgrade to complete the downgrade.
Warning: Downgrading from cPanel business to cPanel shared will cause a migration. This will automatically update DNS for all domains on the hosting account if they are in the same GoDaddy account. If your domains are in a different account or a different provider, you will need to update those domains to point them to your new shared hosting account.
Your account downgrade will typically take from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the size of your sites. You will be notified when the downgrade is complete. Your sites may experience intermittent downtime until the downgrade is complete.