Record my steps on Mac
When you contact our 24/7 Support team, we might ask you to provide a recording of steps to duplicate your problem to help us resolve your issue.
You can use QuickTime Player on your Mac to create a recording.
- Launch QuickTime Player from the Launchpad.
- Simultaneously press
nto select New Screen Recording.
- On the screen recording tool, pull down the menu to customize the recording if necessary.
- You can select a microphone from a list of connected devices if you want to record audio.
- You can choose to show mouse clicks in your recording (this can help to demonstrate complex tasks).
- To start recording, press the record button.
- Click to record the full screen.
- Click and drag to record only part of the screen.
- End the recording by clicking the stop button in the menu bar.
- Duplicate the steps to the problem you're trying to troubleshoot.
- If you need to start over, you can click on delete instead of save to discard the current recording.
- Give the file a name and save it to the location of your choice.
- The recording is saved as a .mov file.