Verify my certificate request (code & driver signing)
After you request a code or driver signing certificate, we verify your:
- Organization's name
- Telephone number (which we call before issuing your certificate)
Documents to provide
To provide us this information, we require at least one of the following pieces of documentation:
- Business license
- Sales & Use Tax certificate (neither the number or the FEIN alone are acceptable)
- "Doing Business As" (DBA) documentation
- Fictitious-name documentation
- Occupational Tax Certificate/License
- Non-profit organization tax exemption certificate
- Articles of Incorporation
- Utility bill, or bank or credit card statement that displays address and phone number
- A letter of attestation from an attorney or CPA
Note: We do not issue code or driver signing certificates to individuals; they can only be issued to organizations such as businesses.
How long does the process take?
After receiving your documentation, we process the request within 3 business days.
If you're looking for help understanding what we need you to do next, you can find our support number in your SSL control panel. It displays on the right under the progress indicator.